Two middle school intervention specialists speak about their profession as special education teachers. Both hosts detail what they do during the day, how they differentiate assignments, work to create and follow IEPs, and list their many roles in the school community.
- Invite the school's special education teacher to speak to the class about their experience
- Allow those that are interested in the field to tour the special education classroom and interview the teacher
- Challenge learners to research the schooling requirements from a given university
- The video is part of PBS' Career Connections series
- One teacher explains how her teaching transfers from the academic setting to public
- Another teacher offers advice about immersing one's self in their community